Oops! One more thing....came across a list of "Rules" for a college art department: Corita Kent's Rules and Hints for Students and Teachers. An excellent set of ideas that could be beneficial to just about anyone...the best:
- find a place you trust and then try trusting it awhile
- consider everything an experiment
- nothing is a mistake, there's no win and no fail, there's only make
- don't try to create and analyze at the same time, they are different processes
- be happy whenever you can, manage it. Enjoy yourself, it's lighter than you think.